This test is designed to detect Botulism toxin from environmental samples.
It is not intended to be used in the diagnosis of botulism or any other
This test is a rapid, screening assay. No known rapid screening assay
is 100% sensitive or 100% specific, therefore results should be confirmed
by an alternative method.
MATERIALS INCLUDED PER POUCH:
- Botulism Toxin Lateral Flow Test Devices
- Plastic Droppers
- Chase Buffer
COLLECTION KITS NOT INCLUDED:
(To collect sample, you should use one of the following kits or their
If the sample has debris or large particles, it may require use of the
- Large Surface Sample Collection Kit, (SWIPE-1), Reorder No. 87-130001
- Powder/Small Surface Sample Collection Kit, (SWIPE-2), Reorder No.
- Liquid Sample Collection Kit, (SWIPE-3), Reorder No. 87-130003
- Air Sampler Sample Collection Kit, (SWIPE-4), Reorder No. 87-130004
- Sample Processing Kit: SWIPE-SPK, Reorder No. 87-130100
CAUTION: For assay to function properly,
NHDs SWIPE or a validated collection system must be utilized to
properly collect and process the sample. Failure to utilize a proper collection
system may cause false negative or false positive results.
- Collect samples and follow dilution guidelines to ensure sample
is in a liquid form.
- Open pouch of Botulism Toxin lateral flow device. Remove contents.
- Place three drops (or 100µl) of liquid sample into sample
well of a lateral flow device using plastic dropper provided.
- Wait three (3) minutes for the sample to be absorbed into the sample
well. Then place two (2) free falling drops of Chase buffer from the
- Read results at 15 minutes (no longer than 30 minutes). Observe
the development of color on the Control (C) and Test Line (T) and
record result. See table to interpret test.